- Lower patient volume isn't the only problem that dental practices are having nationwide.
- Some need to figure out how to hire one or more team members, but they aren't able to find them. Here's how to hire right and hire soon.
- If you're looking for one or more A-players in your practice, it's time right now to re-think how you're hiring.
- What works for the average dental assistant or other team member isn't going to work for a highly skilled and motivated A-player.
- A-players know their worth, and they expect a very competitive offer to come work for you. That's given.
- They're also looking for other things. And your hiring ad has to indicate that your practice can provide those things.
- What do A-players want? Well, they want to be part of an organization that's making a difference.
- They want and need to know that the community is a better place for their efforts.
- They also want to be challenged, whether that challenge is to set the example for the practice or actually lead the team towards your goals.
- So forget about a hiring ad that says you're busy. And your pay is commensurate with experience. Everybody's saying that.
- Your ad probably won't even get a glance from an A-player candidate.
- Instead, try something like, “Community-focused dental practice seeks a top-level team member. Are you driven to improve processes and outreach? Can you set the example and mentor your co-workers to achieve excellence? If so, let's explore more.”
- Now, that's the attraction part of the hiring process, and it will interest the high performers while weeding out the ordinary.
- Remember, your hiring process can only hire as good of people as your recruiting produces.
- Determining the right fit with your practice is another issue. I'm going to talk about that next time.
Created by Smartbox
SmartBox employs the best minds in dentistry to help you grow your practice. Our Practice Growth System™ is proven to help dentists in every market area across the country achieve predictable year-over-year growth.
"Running your practice by yourself can feel overwhelming. With our help, you can increase the quality and quantity of your new patients, which will allow you to get back to enjoying life."