Halloween is here, and kids all over the country will be ringing doorbells and saying, “Trick or treat!” That’s great for Halloween, but not so great for dentists whose marketing is producing “trick-or-treat” numbers of new patients. If your marketing approach has you feeling like you’re on a monthly yo-yo, it’s time to make it stop. I’ll be back after the break to tell you how. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Happy Halloween to everybody!
– Do you have kids who will be making the rounds today?
– If so, I hope that the experience is both safe and a lot of fun for them.
– I think it’s good to have something to look forward to.
– In fact, I think dentists should look forward to plenty of new patients every month.
– But I know too many dentists who don’t have that.
– Those dentists are getting maybe enough new patients some months and not nearly enough new patients other months.
– Maybe that’s you.
– If so, it’s almost certain that you’re missing out on a lot of new patients.
– And you can look to how you market your practice for the explanation.
– That’s not a criticism, because you’re probably doing what you know how to do when it comes to getting new patients.
– You offer specials, discounts, and incentives, like coupons.
– You do what almost every other dentist in your market does.
– You’re all chasing the same low-value dental prospects.
– And every month, it’s a case of “may the best offer win.”
– Unless your practice has incredibly deep pockets, you don’t always win.
– Maybe you’re losing more months than you’re winning.
– That yo-yo pattern of good months and bad months may be your normal, but it doesn’t have to be.
– There’s a way to get out of the race to the bottom of the low-value patient barrel.
– That other way gets you enough and more than enough new patients to build your practice – and to prepare you to enjoy the kind of retirement you want.
– Basically, it comes down to 4 things.
– The first is to market to the patients you want, not just the ones you think you can get.
– When you attract higher-value dental prospects, you work less while earning more.
– And what dentist doesn’t want that?
– Better patients have the ability and the willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– They’re not motivated bym specials and discounts.
– And once they choose a dentist, they’re fiercely loyal.
– The lifetime value of one of those patients is worth half a dozen price shoppers or one-and-dones.
– The second thing you need to do is to convince those better patients to receive communications from you.
– Except for emergency cases, better patients take their time selecting a dentist.
– So, you have to get their permission to communicate with them until they’re ready to decide.
– Generally, that’s accomplished by getting them to opt in in exchange for something of value to them.
– Once you have that permission, use your emails and dental newsletter to build trust and demonstrate why you’re the right choice to solve their dental problems.
– That’s the third thing – continuing to follow-up with your dental prospects.
– And the fourth thing is to track precisely what parts of your marketing are paying off the best.
– There’s only one way to know for sure, and that’s to track every new patient phone call into your practice.
– Once your Patient Attraction System™ is in place, phone tracking allows you to fine-tune it for maximum results.
– In fact, that’s what I’ve just described – SmartBox’s industry-leading Patient Attraction System.
– We’re helping more than 550 dentists on 3 continents get more and better patients.
– And we’re helping them have many, many more better months than bad ones.
– If you’re serious about your success, and you’re sick of monthly yo-yo marketing results, here’s what you should do.