Do your new dental prospects dicker with you over price? Do you find yourself cutting your prices because the competitor down the road is advertising a special for the same procedure? Is this really why you went to dental school – to become the Walmart of dentists? I don’t think so, and when we come back, I’ll tell how you can get paid what you’re worth – and have more fun doing what you love. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Dental patients aren’t all created equal in terms of their value to your practice.
– You might think that’s a “Doh!” statement, but it bears looking into.
– On one hand, you’ve got a lot of prospects who really don’t care which dentist fixes their teeth.
– To this group, one dentist is as good as another.
– Why? Because today, dentists are viewed as being competent, period.
– Most dental prospects don’t understand the difference between a DDS and a DMD.
– And they don’t care whether, or where, you got postgrad training in cosmetic dentistry, or periodontal treatment, or whatever.
– You’re a dentist and you’re presumed to be able to provide adequate treatment.
– To these patients, the only things that factor into choosing one dentist over another are price, availability, and insurance acceptance.
– Don’t get me wrong – you can make a go of it with these patients, and many dentists do.
– But it’s actually costing those dentists money that they may not realize they’re spending.
– It’s much cheaper to keep an existing patient than to market to attract a new one.
– Are you getting a lot of these price-driven one-and-done patients?
– Then you have to constantly advertise to keep your new patient pipeline filled.
– For a lot of dentists, these low-value patients are the wide majority of the cases they handle.
– Are you one of those dentists?
– I hope not, because there’s a much better way to make a really good living as a dentist.
– Let’s start by comparing that group of patients with the other group – better patients.
– Better patients are about 20 to 30 percent of most markets.
– Those patients have the ability and the willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– They’re looking for more than competence and low price.
– These patients are looking for a trust-based relationship with a dentist and a dental practice.
– They’re concerned far more about their experience in your practice than they are about price.
– These better patients are people who stay, pay, and refer.
– They’ll willingly pay what you ask for various procedures, and they won’t price-shop you.
– How many of these better patients do you have in your practice?
– What would it do for your bottom line if you could greatly increase that number?
– I’m pretty sure it would transform your practice.
– Here’s the thing, though – you won’t get those better patients by advertising price, availability, and insurance acceptance.
– Those aren’t strong motivators for your better patients.
– You need to give them reasons up front to like you, trust you, and regard you as a dental expert.
– Today’s dental prospects overwhelmingly begin their search for a dentist online.
– It takes time and a very strong online presence that speaks to the needs, wants, and fears of the prospects you want.
– Attracting better patients is a process rather than an event.
– Most dentists don’t have the bandwidth to create and maintain that kind of online presence.
– It demands a very large amount of specific, trustworthy, and expert dental content.
– That’s a big part of the reason why most dentists are getting low-value patients.
– SmartBox works with more than 550 dentists on 3 continents to help them get more and better patients.
– Our industry-leading Patient Attraction System™ continues to transform how dentists attract the patients they want and need.
– And our work is backed by our 10 thousand dollar performance guarantee.
– Basically, we’ll get your phone ringing with a certain number of new patient calls.
– At the end of a year, you can ask for a performance audit.
– If we haven’t delivered what we promised, we’ll cancel the rest of your contract and send you a check for 10 grand.
– So if you’re tired of not getting paid what you’re worth, and you’re ready to get many more better patients, here’s what you should do.