- Let's take dentistry back to the basics. You see patients, you solve their problems, and you make money.
- But are you earning what you could be? Are you living up to your full potential?
- Dental insurance has been a great thing for uncounted numbers of dental patients, but not so much for the dentist.
- In fact, it's fair to say that dental insurance has led to dentists being consistently underpaid for the work they do.
- Now, you might think that you have to accept almost every insurance plan under the sun. You'd be really wrong about that, and here's why.
- It's fair to say that dental insurance isn't what it used to be.
- Cost shifting to patients has reduced the perceived value of insurance for anything other than routine cleanings and exams.
- Not to mention that the costs of coverage have been steadily going up, while coverage decreases.
- So dental insurance ain't what it used to be for anyone except the dental insurance companies.
- Now, it's time to end the madness., and here's how you go about that.
- Instead of marketing to low-value, insurance-driven patients, focus on the top 20 to 40% of your market that has discretionary income.
- Those better patients have the means and the willingness to go fee for service for the dental care they want from the dentists they choose.
- You can give them reasons to choose you by getting more happy patient testimonials, better reviews, and specific high value procedures.
- Think cosmetics, implants, Invisalign, orthodontics, apnea, and so on.
- Just one of those patients is worth multiple times what you'll get from years of routine cleanings and exams.
- Let your patients sing your praises and portray you as that trusted dental expert. That's not a label you can apply to yourself.
- People trust online reviews and testimonials as much as they trust word of mouth referrals.
- You may never stop accepting insurance completely, but with more of the better patients in your practice, you'll earn your true potential.
Created by Smartbox
SmartBox employs the best minds in dentistry to help you grow your practice. Our Practice Growth System™ is proven to help dentists in every market area across the country achieve predictable year-over-year growth.
"Running your practice by yourself can feel overwhelming. With our help, you can increase the quality and quantity of your new patients, which will allow you to get back to enjoying life."