- Should you stay or should you go? That's a question a lot of dental practice owners are asking themselves right now.
- It's been a rough 12 months to be a business owner. I'm right there with you.
- And it's no secret that a fair number of dentists owners have chosen to retire and or sell their practices.
- Now, no judgement. Everyone's situation is different. And I would imagine, the thought of exiting may have crossed your mind once or twice.
- And this is probably the least one size fits all situation in modern history. So I'm going to limit myself to talking about the reason to remain in practice.
- Now first, the current situation is coming to an end. COVID will be reduced to an annual event like the flu, and with effective vaccinations readily available.
- With herd immunity, the impact on society and business is going to be reduced to a case of the sniffles.
- Secondly, dentistry will always be needed. All this money from private equity and corporate is not surging and flowing into dentistry because they don't have a confident long-term vision in dentistry, right?
- Until we learn how to regenerate diseased teeth, dentists are going to always be needed.
- And even if that far-off day ever comes, there still will be accidents and perio disease and oral cancers and cosmetic and orthodontics, and all these other things that are still required within the scope of dentistry.
- Dentistry is going to remain one of the two best professions for a very long time.
- And third, I foresee the death grip of dental insurers coming to an end.
- Now it's not going to happen immediately. I'm not I'm not predicting the sky is falling here, but there are already signs that their power is waning.
- In fact, I wrote the book on breaking the grip of the PPO and it's called Busting Out of the PPO Prison: The Four-Part Strategy for Declaring Your Independence From the Insurance Beast Before It's Too Late.
- So to sum up the last couple minutes, dentistry is great. It's going to be here for a long time. And something that's a whole lot closer to normal life is coming really soon.
Created by Smartbox
SmartBox employs the best minds in dentistry to help you grow your practice. Our Practice Growth System™ is proven to help dentists in every market area across the country achieve predictable year-over-year growth.
"Running your practice by yourself can feel overwhelming. With our help, you can increase the quality and quantity of your new patients, which will allow you to get back to enjoying life."