In my previous podcast, I talked about how dentists can create a strong brand on Instagram to attract more new dental patients. Today, I’ll talk about mining another hot social media platform – Twitter. After the break, I’ll tell you how to make the “bird” sing for your dental practice.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Twitter is one of the most widely used social media platforms.
– Reportedly, more than 800 million visitors check out something on Twitter each month.
– That’s a potential gold mine for dentists because it’s a virtual certainty that many of your dental prospects are also on Twitter.
– A report released in January 2017 shows that people overwhelmingly tend to interact with brands on Twitter.
– And that nearly 65 percent of those people are family decision-makers.
– Two-thirds of the audience are the people who will decide, or at least have input about, which dentist to choose.
– But people don’t visit Twitter just for the tweets.
– Video on Twitter is also a huge draw.
– Nearly half of respondents in a survey are watching videos on Twitter to get information.
– You should have your doctor and patient testimonial videos on your website and on your own YouTube channel.
– Twitter is the next destination for your videos.
– But be warned – social media marketing, done right, is time-intensive.
– You have to engage on a regular basis with the people who engage with your brand.
– Decision-making is a process, not an event, and you have to interact with your prospects until they’re ready to choose you.
– You can do that yourself, or you can delegate the responsibility to a staff member.
– If you are going to establish your brand on Twitter, make sure to use all available analytics tools to try to measure your ROI.
– Otherwise, you could be spending a lot of time and getting not much in return.