- The greatest discovery in the history of humanity, most people look at it. And if you're in Texas, you probably think the greatest discovery was air conditioning.
- We look at Galileo and Einstein and these amazing minds of the 15, 16, 17, 18, 1900s.
- But truthfully, the greatest discovery in the history of the world was nothing that was actually discovered during the scientific revolution.
- The greatest discovery was that of ignorance, and ignorance was discovered in the 14 and 1500s.
- Believe it or not, prior to the 1500s there was no question that could not be answered.
-If you asked the question that didn't have an answer, it was said it doesn't matter.
- Just go back to your life, it was said, we'll just ask the person above us, the higher priest or the higher leader of the town, and they would have an answer for us.
- Everybody had a lot of certainty prior to 1500 around what the world was. The world was convinced the world was flat at one point, and that the Earth was the center of the universe.
- And until we admitted as a society that we really are pretty ignorant about a lot of things, we didn't advance in, seek out, new knowledge.
- And having that ignorance in your dental practice is a critical tool.
- When we don't have ignorance, we have a very high level of certainty.
- And oftentimes, when we're extremely certain about something, we have very little clarity around what's really happening in our practice.
- And that's like the 1500s all over again.
- Conversely, when you have a very low level of certainty – that, you know, “What's gonna happen?” – You're constantly striving to get clarity around all the different factors.
- In this, certainty and clarity work inversely proportional.
- The two principles of what it takes to be ignorant are this: You have to be willing to admit you're ignorant.
- And being ignorant doesn't mean stupid. It just means you don't know yet. So let's go find it.
- The second component of being ignorant, is you have to have a thirst to discover that higher knowledge.
- Those are the two components.
- And when you can apply those into your practice, and apply these to the real problems that you think are impacting your ability to get to the next level…
- ...your ability to grow and hire A-players, your ability to increase your profits, your ability to increase your collections so that you can have a bigger impact on your community, on your staff, on your team, on your patients, on yourself, on your family...
- That ignorance will pay off in spades for you.
Created by Smartbox
SmartBox employs the best minds in dentistry to help you grow your practice. Our Practice Growth System™ is proven to help dentists in every market area across the country achieve predictable year-over-year growth.
"Running your practice by yourself can feel overwhelming. With our help, you can increase the quality and quantity of your new patients, which will allow you to get back to enjoying life."