If you’ve been in practice more than 10 years, you’ve had to radically change your approach to dental marketing. Forget the idea of getting patients through the Yellow Pages. Today’s marketing is focused on the online experience. But there’s so much that goes into being found on Google that many dentists feel overwhelmed and make some bad marketing decisions that come back to haunt them. You don’t have to live in fear of your past decisions. I’ll be back after the break to tell you more.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m the son of a very successful dentist in the greater Louisville, Kentucky, area.
– But he wasn’t always so successful, and I watched him struggling with his marketing at times.
– Now, my company works with more than 550 dentists on three continents to help them get more and better dental patients.
– So, I know thousands of dentists, and I know that the struggle is real and it isn’t over.
– Frankly, most dentists have absolutely no clue when it comes to promoting their practices.
– They do what everybody else is doing – postcard campaigns, newspaper ads, and maybe a couple of radio and TV spots.
– If they’re lucky, they get what everybody else gets: a lot of low-case-value patients with absolutely no loyalty.
– They’ll get a lot of price-driven, insurance-driven one-and-dones.
– Get enough of those and you can keep your practice afloat.
– Don’t get enough of those, and you fail.
– The upshot is that you’re constantly chasing after new patients.
– In today’s interconnected online world, that’s no way to run a business.
– You new dental patients are looking for you online.
– In fact, at least 80 percent of people begin their search for a dentist by going online.
– They’re not looking at your print ads or postcards.
– The competition for high ranking on Google is unbelievable.
– And what dentists need to do get those high-ranking spots is complex, to say the least.
– Maybe you’re handling your own search engine optimization, or SEO.
– If so, my compliments, but I seriously doubt you’re doing it right.
– SEO is one of the fastest-evolving fields on the planet.
– Even professionals have trouble keeping up.
– Someone who does it part-time has no chance of staying current.
– So your SEO that was state-of-the-art last month is killing you online this month.
– And then there’s pay-per-click ads, and content optimization, and mobile search, and Accelerated Mobile Pages.
– The list goes on and on.
– And all of that doesn’t make you a single dime.
– So, maybe you decided to outsource your SEO work.
– But does the company or individual you hired specialize in dentists?
– Dental prospects have specific, particular motivations for seeking a dentist.
– It takes a different understanding and a different approach than selling widgets.
– In fact, your website might be an absolute mess from an SEO standpoint.
– So, there are several ways you might have made bad marketing decisions.
– They could include advertising like everybody else, doing your own SEO work, or outsourcing it to the wrong vendor.
– Those are the kinds of mistakes that can keep you up at night – and even more so if you’re still making one or more of those errors.
– But you don’t have to be haunted by your marketing missteps.
– SmartBox Web Marketing works only with dentist practices to help them get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– We have world-class SEO specialists, content writers, pay-per-click campaign managers, and much more.
– We also provide our exclusive, industry-leading Patient Attraction System™.
– When you work with SmartBox, you stop chasing patients through advertising and begin attracting them.
– We help you stand out from your competitors and position you as the best and only logical choice to solve your prospects’ dental problems.
– Not only do you get more new patients; you get more loyal patients and higher average case values.
– Normally, I’d urge dentists who are haunted by their marketing to contact us for a Patient Attraction System Blueprint™ Session.
– But maybe you want or need to know just how bad things are for you before you decide.