This isn’t your father’s dentistry, and it’s not your father’s dental marketing, either. For people who aren’t trained in marketing, there’s a bewildering sea of unfamiliar terms and practices. It’s harder than ever before for dentists to keep control of their marketing because a lot of marketing companies are happy to sell you what you don’t need. I’ll be back after the break to tell you more. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I know thousands of dentists, and very few of them are savvy about digital marketing.
– If you’re one of them, that’s not surprising because marketing isn’t one of the subjects you studied in dental school.
– And while marketing isn’t rocket science, it’s still incredibly complex in today’s hypercompetitive online world.
– If you’ve outsourced your efforts to attract new patients to a marketing firm, I congratulate you.
– I’m a firm believer that dentists do much better when they focus on what they’ve trained to do and love to do: seeing patients and solving their dental problems.
– But how do you know whether you’ve chosen the right firm?
– Your marketing firm has probably thrown all kinds of unfamiliar terms at you and not explained them well … if at all.
– Are you clear about what your marketing firm is doing for you?
– Do you know exactly what you’re getting for investing your hard-earned marketing dollars with them?
– Trust me, the vast majority of marketers don’t have a clue about the technical aspects of dentistry.
– They have even less of a clue than you do about search engine optimization, long-tail keywords, Accelerated Mobile Pages, pay-per-click campaigns, and everything else.
– So how are they going to convey what you do to your prospects in such a way that those people are motivated to pick up the phone and book an appointment?
– Your marketing firm might have promised you clicks, impressions, longer dwell times on your website, or something equally technical.
– Are they promising you the one thing that truly matters?
– That’s more new patient butts in your chairs.
– Everything else is just a means to that all-important end.
– Because seeing new patients and solving their dental problems is what makes you the money you need to operate and grow your practice.
– If you are getting a reasonable number of new patients, do you know what’s bringing them in?
– Is your marketing firm providing you with exact figures on what parts of your marketing are working to generate the most new patients?
– And for that matter, are they guaranteeing they’ll do what they say they’ll do?
– Almost certainly not, on all counts.
– If most of what I just discussed is true for you, your dental marketing is out of control.
– You deserve better from the company that’s handling the money you entrust to them.
– In fact, I’d argue that you don’t need a dental marketing firm.
– Most, if not all, of your competitors have one, and they’re all doing the same thing.
– Why play on a level field if you can get an overwhelming advantage?
– SmartBox Web Marketing isn’t a dental marketing firm.
– We’re a dental patient attraction company, and we provide dental patient attraction services.
– That may sound like I’m splitting hairs, but the truth is that our approach to putting more new patient butts in chairs is completely different.
– Our industry-leading Patient Attraction System™ is proven to return outstanding results for our doctors.
– And we work with more than 550 dentists on three continents.
– Our total focus is getting you more and better dental patients.
– And we back up our work with our SmartBox 10 thousand dollar Guarantee.
– Basically, if we don’t get you the results we promise, we’ll cancel the rest of your agreement with us and send you a check for 10 grand.
– There are a few conditions to keep your guarantee in force, but they’re common sense and what you’d normally do anyway.
– We track every aspect of your marketing very closely and provide precise figures on what’s performing and what’s not.
– When you work with SmartBox, you’re back in control of your marketing.
– But you can ignore the nuts and bolts of getting new dental patients.
– And you can get back to doing what you trained to do and love to do.
– Now, I’m not suggesting that you fire your current marketing firm.
– But if you’re serious about your success, I have a suggestion.