If you’ve been in practice for a while, you’ve probably found that some things get easier. Getting new dental patients through the door and into your chairs probably isn’t one of those things. And if your new patient numbers aren’t increasing, your practice is sinking, whether you know it or not. After the break, I’ll be back to tell you how to stop your practice from going down the drain. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Thanks for watching the very first, longer-format Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Dentistry is ranked as one of the very best professions in the United States, but it’s not one of the easiest.
– If you own your practice, you have all the responsibilities of a small business owner plus all the clinical responsibilities.
– I can sympathize because I’m the son of a very successful dentist, and I’m also the CEO of one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
– Sometimes the pressures are just enormous.
– You’re undoubtedly very good at doing what you trained to do, which is to solve patients’ dental problems.
– Did you have any idea of all the other stuff you’d be doing as a business owner?
– All the other stuff that you’re not trained for at all, like marketing?
– You may have decided to outsource your marketing.
– If so, I applaud you for that decision.
– Handling your own marketing doesn’t make you a dime.
– You make money seeing patients and solving their dental problems.
– But there’s one problem with outsourcing your marketing, and that’s that almost all dental marketing companies do the same thing.
– They have you advertising on price, specials, discounts, and coupons.
– When you market like that, you’re chasing patients just like every other dentist.
– You’re not giving patients a reason to choose you over all the other dentists in your market.
– So, you’re likely to get just a share of the prospects in your area who are motivated by that kind of advertising:
– Price shoppers, one-and-dones, and insurance-driven patients.
– Get enough of those kinds of patients, and you can make a go of your practice.
– But you’ll work too long and too hard for too little.
– And with the forces currently at play in dentistry, it’s questionable whether you’ll even get your share.
– New dental schools are opening, graduating more and more new dentists.
– Corporate dentistry is steadily growing its footprint in more and more markets.
– And those new dentists are fueling that growth by going to work in those practices.
– Insurance reimbursement is decreasing, so insurance patients will be looking for the lowest-cost dentist.
– Is that really what you want to be?
– Can you really afford to engage in a race to the bottom with the other dentists in your market?
– Even if you win that race, you lose.
– So, is there an alternative?
– You bet there is.
– SmartBox Web Marketing works with more than 550 dentists on three continents to help them get more and better patients.
– Our industry-leading Patient Attraction System™ gives our dentists a huge edge over their competitors.
– Put it this way: SmartBox dentists are out of the race to the bottom.
– And they’re getting patients who will stay, pay, and refer.
– You can find out what a Patient Attraction System™ will do for you.