I’m the son of a very successful dentist, so I have a pretty good idea of how often dental patients lie to themselves about oral hygiene. But there’s one lie that impacts you and your success far more than patients’ teeth. I’ll be right back after the break to tell you more. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– In spite of dentists’ educational efforts, a lot of myths are still hanging around.
– Dental prospects tell themselves that they really don’t need to floss.
– And that if their teeth don’t hurt, they’re fine.
– And that it’s okay to drink a lot of soda.
– But there’s one myth that hurts dentists as much as it does patients.
– That’s the myth that dentists are all the same.
– To be fair, dentists themselves have had a lot to do with that myth not dying.
– The vast majority of dentists still market on price, discounts, specials, insurance, and availability.
– When all dentists market alike to the same pool of prospects, those prospects can be forgiven for thinking that dentists are interchangeable.
– You need to change that perception if you want to achieve your success goals.
– You need to differentiate yourself from your competition in the minds of your prospects.
– You have to give your prospects reasons to choose you instead of another dentist.
– You won’t accomplish that by advertising on price, discounts, and so on.
– You need a strong online presence that gives your prospects a way to “meet” you and get to know something about you.
– There’s a segment of the population that has the discretionary funds to be choosy about their dentist.
– They’re willing to pay more for a dentist they like, can relate to, and trust.
– You need to be that dentist in their minds, and it will take an excellent website and considerable quality social media content to accomplish it.
– Establishing that kind of online presence takes time and effort, but the rewards are worth it.
– Stop marketing like everybody else, and help your prospects stop lying to themselves.