It’s a connected world these days, and your new dental prospects are overwhelmingly beginning their search for a dentist online. After the break, I’ll tell you why managing your online reputation is crucial for the success of your practice. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching this episode of the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Your dental prospects overwhelmingly begin their search for a dentist online.
– One of the major considerations today when choosing a dentist is the number and quality of online reviews.
– Reviews are the new word-of-mouth advertising, and dentists who ignore that are setting themselves up to fail.
– Maintaining your online presence to influence dental prospects is a two-part strategy.
– You have to get highly positive reviews, and you have to mitigate the impact of negative reviews.
– The best strategy to get positive reviews is to ask for them.
– You can accomplish that during the checkout process following a patient’s appointment.
– You can also send them a thank you note that includes a request for an online review.
– In either case, make sure to give them options for review sites.
– Your prospects won’t necessarily all check the same one.
– You’ll want to monitor your reviews and respond to positive ones to keep the conversation going and to impress your prospects.
– Managing negative online reviews is a different prospect.
– You should have a policy in place for responding positively to negative reviews.
– Most negative reviews should be unjustified or due to miscommunication.
– Keep your response affirmative and as helpful as possible.
– Depending on the harshness of the review, you may need to allow a little time to go by before responding.
– Being defensive is the worst thing you can do in response to a negative review.
– If your practice is at fault, admit that immediately and offer what amends you can.
– Keep your online reputation as spotless as possible, and you’ll attract more new dental patients.