- I get asked a lot about, what if I have a core of A-players in my practice? And then I'm surrounding them with other B and C players in the practice? Is that okay?
- No, it's not okay. And here's why. A- players in your practice are not going to want to work alongside C-players.
- Now, if you have some B-players floating around, that's okay.
- Our goal in business and in your dental practice is to have 90% of our people operating at 90% of their goals 90% of the time, and that's what an A-player team driven practices. - 90% of our people at any time are A-players; realize you're not going to be an A-player all the time.
- Nobody is, you're not going to be, and that's okay. We want to get 90% of our people over that line.
- And if you have people that are chronically C-players and are not improving, that's going to pull down the morale of your whole team.
- Your A-players are not going to want to work with C-players. It's not gonna happen, they're gonna go find another job.
- Because that's why they're A-players – they can command the salary and they can command the environment that they work in.
- And like people want to be around other like people; A-players want to hang out with A-players, C-players will want to hang out with C-players.
- And just like back in school, here's a really quick way to identify your A-players if you have metrics and goals in your practice.
- Remember back in school, that a student sat in the front of class and they always raised their hand to show off that they had the answer.
- Your A-players are going to love metrics and they're going to love to let you know that they're hitting your metrics.
- C-players are going to push back against metrics. They don't like being measured. They don't like being quantified in a way that shows that they're operating substandard.
Created by Smartbox
SmartBox employs the best minds in dentistry to help you grow your practice. Our Practice Growth System™ is proven to help dentists in every market area across the country achieve predictable year-over-year growth.
"Running your practice by yourself can feel overwhelming. With our help, you can increase the quality and quantity of your new patients, which will allow you to get back to enjoying life."