When the economy is booming, smart dentists will focus on accomplishing 2 things. The first is to attract the patients who will allow them to work less, earn more, and enjoy life. The second is to position their practices against the inevitable economic downturn that is sure to follow. After the break, I’ll tell you about my new book, Rise UP! The Keys to Ultimate Dental Practice Success. It’s your all-in-one guide to thriving no matter what the economy eventually does. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– I’ve written quite a few books on dental marketing.
– My most recent book is different.
– It’s a unified approach to ensuring that your dental practice can thrive regardless of what happens.
– And when I say “what happens,” that doesn’t just refer to the economy.
– You’re facing unheard-of levels of competition: corporate dentistry, new dental school grads, and large group practices like we’ve never seen.
– Dental insurance reimbursement is on a downward trajectory, and that trend is certainly going to continue.
– Right now, employment is very high, and demand for dental care is overwhelming a lot of practices.
– The Great Recession of 2008 taught us that things can turn around in a matter of months, if not weeks.
– And the recovery was long and hard.
– Right now, you can make a lot of money if you’re willing to keep a frantic schedule and work way too many hours.
– That’s not the best way to make money by any means, it’s just one way.
– But the rosy economic factors that are fueling demand for care can vanish.
– And where will that leave you?
– My new book, Rise UP! The Keys to Ultimate Dental Practice Success, provides the knowledge and strategies you need to thrive …
– … No matter what happens, and without working yourself half to death.
– You’ll learn how to take, hold, and profit from the high ground in your market.
– That’s where you find better dental patients who represent far greater value to your practice than what you’re getting now.
– Dr. David Moffet of theultimatepatientexperience.com was kind enough to write the foreword for my book.
– Here’s part of what he wrote.
– “I’m excited about this book, and I’m looking forward to seeing the growth of the dental offices that apply the principles and systems that are explained on the pages inside.
– “This book is a game-changer.
– “Read it once, and then reread it. Then read it again.
– “Highlight it. Write in it. Bend the corners of the pages.
– “But most importantly, use the information inside this book.
– “Put the ideas and concepts into action in your dental office.
– “These ideas are not theories. They are tried and proven.
– “You owe it to yourself and to your family to build the best possible dental office that you can.
– “And you owe it to the people of your community that they find out about you, because you are the best dentist around.
– “The ideas in this book will make sure that more people find you.”