A Minute (Or Two) With Colin Receveur, Episode 135
- In any well-run dental practice, all of the different parts, from your systems to your team and beyond, are focused on achieving a single goal: success.
- Everyone is aligned and doing their part to move closer to that goal tomorrow than you are today.
- But there’s one player in this system for whom that’s not true.
- There’s one part of the puzzle in most dental practices that really has no interest in seeing you succeed and only has an interest in seeing themselves succeed: And that is the insurance company.
- Despite what their marketing materials say about partnering or being part of the family, we all know what they’re really about.
- They’re about profit, in their pocket, not yours.
- The reason that insurance companies can create so much frustration for dentists is because, based on their goals, they should NOT be playing a big role in any dental practice serious about profitability.
- Insurance companies don’t exist to make YOU profit, they exist to make themselves profit. And their main source of profits is YOUR POCKET.
- So what is to be done?
- The ultimate solution is to ban them from your practice. Depending on your current situation, this might seem like a risky move.
- And it would be risky if you chose to do it all at once.
- But when implemented as a gradual process, you can increase your opportunity for profit and break away from the insurance machine one step at a time.
- Smart dentists don’t really have a choice.
- You can either start the process to move your practice AWAY from insurance, or you can deal with their growing influence on how you practice and what you get paid.
- So the choice really comes down to what you want your future to look like: Do you want to be free? Or do you want to be working for an insurance company who has no interest if you succeed or not?
- Dr. Tom Peterson is one dentist who made this switch and “banned” insurance from his practice.
- To get his story visit www.WealthiestDentistReport.com
Created by Smartbox
SmartBox employs the best minds in dentistry to help you grow your practice. Our Practice Growth System™ is proven to help dentists in every market area across the country achieve predictable year-over-year growth.
"Running your practice by yourself can feel overwhelming. With our help, you can increase the quality and quantity of your new patients, which will allow you to get back to enjoying life."