- And throughout your days, when you're practicing, or maybe you're having a management day in the office, your time is going to constantly be pulled in other directions.
- People are going to come to you, they're going to say, oh, Doctor, this is important or this is urgent, or this is important and urgent.
- And you got to do this right now.
- And the reality is, very few things fall into those two categories. Very few things are important and urgent to you. Right?
- And you can very easily map this out on the what's called Eisenhower matrix.
- Important and urgent decisions are ones that need to be made right now and executed right now.
- If we move into the next quadrant over, the urgent but not important matrix means I need to delegate this to be done. Right.
- Now, if we move diagonally down to the important but not urgent matrix, this means I need to schedule it done.
- It means I don't need to do it right now. I just need to put it on my calendar to make sure it gets done later.
- And then there's always all kinds of requests that come in talking about things that are not urgent and not important.
- And these are things that we just eliminate, we don't need to do.
- So think about as you're going throughout your day and your week.
- When people are coming to you trying to take your most valuable time, they're trying to steal your time.
- Where does it fall on the matrix? Is it urgent or important or both or neither?
Created by Smartbox
SmartBox employs the best minds in dentistry to help you grow your practice. Our Practice Growth System™ is proven to help dentists in every market area across the country achieve predictable year-over-year growth.
"Running your practice by yourself can feel overwhelming. With our help, you can increase the quality and quantity of your new patients, which will allow you to get back to enjoying life."