- Is your practice website actually doing its job?
- To borrow a phrase from the cable series Forged in Fire, let's talk about your website here.
- There's probably no other area where you get what you pay for is less true than in design and content.
- Now, you might think this is getting really tactical and granular here. And you'd be right.
- Dental practices need a stream of new patients to keep their practice full, to keep their chairs full, and to keep their staff and themselves happy.
- But not all practice websites are up to the job of getting enough patients to book online or to call the practice.
- It's a given that your website has to function flawlessly, rank highly in organic search, load quickly, be easy to navigate with calls to actions, and so on.
- And if it's not flawless, get it fixed quick, because you're losing patients and money.
- But what's on your website is even more important.
- And if what's on your website is all about you, you've got what I call a big old We-We problem.
- And that's a phrase I coined long ago. And it describes a dental website where the content is way too doctor and practice centric, about all the services that we offer.
- We do this, and we do that, and we offer this, and we have the best and we have these certifications.
- And we have these professional memberships. Everything is we this and we that.
- What else should it be? Well, glad you asked.
- It should be far more focused on the patients and the change that you're going to make in their life with your solutions to their dental problems.
- Now, here's why. Today, the overwhelming majority of dentists are considered to be competent, right?
- If you go back 50 years, we all remember and we've heard the white-knuckle stories from the dental chair when dentists were questionably competent.
- In today's world, everybody is assumed to be competent. And there's no real reason to choose one over the other except for location, availability and price.
- Now, if that's all you want to compete on, you're going to get a slice of the patients in your market, probably the insurance-driven ones, and you'll be working for the insurance companies for whatever they decide to pay you six months from now.
- But just as important, your website is the linchpin for all of your online marketing, and all of your marketing in general.
- It's the final step for almost every new patient before they schedule or call you.
- And if your website doesn't do its job, you're flushing dollars down the toilet.
- So give it the attention it needs and deserves, and you'll find those new patient numbers skyrocketing.
Created by Smartbox
SmartBox employs the best minds in dentistry to help you grow your practice. Our Practice Growth System™ is proven to help dentists in every market area across the country achieve predictable year-over-year growth.
"Running your practice by yourself can feel overwhelming. With our help, you can increase the quality and quantity of your new patients, which will allow you to get back to enjoying life."