A Minute (Or Two) With Colin Receveur, Episode 115
- I remember a dentist once telling me about his attendance at a meeting of a state dental association, where the distinguished panel of experts agreed that marketing is a waste of time and makes dentists look bad.
- That would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
- But this is part of the brainwashing that dentists have received about how they should and should not grow their practices.
- Many times this advice comes from dentists who actually aren't doing well.
- Understand there's a kernel of truth to this statement that the dental panel made.
- I wouldn't say that marketing is a waste of time and makes dentists look bad…
- But I would say that bad marketing is a waste of time and makes dentists look bad.
- And unfortunately there's all a whole lot of bad marketing out there, really bad marketing, in fact.
- Marketing that actually ends up repelling patients instead of attracting them.
- How do you know if you're a victim of bad marketing, just like this?
- Well, just ask yourself, do you have more patients than you did last year?
- Do you have better and more profitable patients than you did last year?
- And if you can't answer yes to both those questions, chances are, you've got some serious room for improvement.
- The name of the doctor who attended that dental association meeting is Dr. Raleigh Pioch.
- And he's the guy who took his practice from 800,000 to 4 million in just six years.
- How did he do that?
- Well, I'll tell you, he went against the advice of the panel and mastering the art of marketing for the most profitable types of patients.
- And if you want more details about how he did that, get the report we published that tells his whole story. You can get it here.
Created by Smartbox
SmartBox employs the best minds in dentistry to help you grow your practice. Our Practice Growth System™ is proven to help dentists in every market area across the country achieve predictable year-over-year growth.
"Running your practice by yourself can feel overwhelming. With our help, you can increase the quality and quantity of your new patients, which will allow you to get back to enjoying life."