One of the marketing predictions for 2017 that’s making the rounds is that video will be bigger than ever. That’s good news and bad news for dentists. After the break, I’ll be back to tell you what you need to do to remain competitive in the video world.
– Thanks for watching this episode of the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– SmartBox has always been a big advocate of dentist videos and patient testimonial videos.
– We produce world-class videos for our dentists.
– There’s no area of the internet that’s growing faster than video.
– YouTube has more than 1 billion users – that’s one person in seven around the globe.
– YouTube says that 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
– And that people watch 3.25 billion hours of video each month.
– That’s a lot of competition for attention.
– It’s not an exaggeration to say that your dental videos have to be outstanding to compete.
– Doctor and patient testimonial videos aren’t commercials, so you don’t get points for radical new ideas, motion graphics, or computer-generated animation.
– You do get points for videos that convince your prospects that you’re a dentist they can like, relate to, and trust.
– You need good production values, including background, lighting, and sound.
– You need patients who are relatable on some level to your prospects.
– And you’ll need those patients to talk about specific dental procedures and outcomes as well as how great your practice is.
– You’ll also need a lot of videos, because a dozen testimonials against your competitors’ 200 is a total mismatch.
– Video will be bigger than ever in 2017, and if you want to remain competitive, you’ve got to step up your game.
– But producing quality doctor and testimonial videos and optimizing them for the internet is a time-consuming process.
– Dr. Randy Schmidt, an orthodontist in the Chicago area, relied on SmartBox to produce his videos.
– He said, “You guys really have it together, from getting my website going to all the videos you filmed both in your studio and here in our office.