– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Like you, I’m a small business owner.
– I sacrificed a lot to build this company and make it successful.
– But I reached a point where I said, “I’ve gotta get a life outside work.”
– Now, don’t get me wrong – I still work hard and put in a lot of hours.
– But I make time away from work for family, friends, and just plain fun.
– And my life is a lot richer as a result.
– If you’re just building your practice, you might be putting in those long hours at work.
– But let me ask you this: What are you working for, and working toward?
– Dr. Scott Watterson of Jackson, Michigan, is looking for more life outside the practice.
– “I have 4 kids and a wife and we’re all busy, but sometimes being busy practicing dentistry is not what I want to be busy doing.
– “I coach soccer, I am involved with my kids’ lives, I value my marriage, and we spend a lot of time together, but not enough.
– “And so, at the end of the day, at the end of life, I want to be able to look back and say I spent the time I needed to with those that mattered most.” – I’m not here to tell you how to live your life.
– But if you, like Dr. Watterson, want more out of life than working too much, I have a suggestion.
– Realign your goals to achieve a better work-life balance.
– That’s easy to say and not always that easy to do.
– But it’s the place to start.
– You’ve been in dentistry for a while now.
– You know that the reality isn’t what you might have thought in dental school.
– For the vast majority of dentists, dentistry is a grind.
– It’s an endless procession of low case value patients with little or no loyalty to your practice.
– For some doctors, it’s running frantically from one operatory to another because of overbooking.
– Whatever happened to actually enjoying what you do?
– Isn’t that a goal worth striving for?
– If you want a life outside of your practice, you need better patients.
– Better patients are loyal to your practice and have the personal resources to pay for the care they want and need.
– You’ll enjoy higher case value, which means you won’t have to schedule patients back-to-back to make as much money or more money.
– Unless you’re in an economically challenged market, those better patients are 20 to 30 percent of your dental prospects.
– You won’t attract them by advertising low price or insurance acceptance.
– In fact, you’ll probably need to revise your marketing, online and offline.
– Or, you can focus on doing the dentistry and retain a dedicated dental marketing firm with a proven record of helping dentists attract better patients.
– That’s SmartBox.
– We’ve helped hundreds of dentists transform their practices by getting them better patients.
– Like Dr. Watterson, they’re in a position to work less and earn more.
– They have the opportunity to enjoy life away from the practice.
– Make dentistry everything it should be.
– Visit smartboxdental.com and reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll discuss your goals, your capabilities, and your particular market.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– Like I said, I’m not going to try to tell you how to live your life.
– But I do encourage you to have a life outside the dental practice with time for family, friends, and yourself.