Let’s say you bought a membership to a fitness club that advertised fast results. And then after working out for several months, you discovered that they couldn’t deliver what they promised. You’d feel like you wasted a lot of your money, wouldn’t you? I mean, you could still continue working out, but you’re not going to get everything you expected. It’s the same with your dental marketing. You’re almost certainly wasting a lot of your hard-earned marketing dollars even if you don’t realize it. I’ll be back after the break to tell you how to get everything you deserve. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Dentists typically don’t have a good way to measure value for the marketing money they pay out.
– Even if they feel like they’re getting enough new patients, they don’t know for sure whether they’re getting all the new patients they could be.
– They also don’t know which marketing channel is returning the most new patients, or the best new patients.
– Mos t dental practices rely on patient self-report to try to learn how their marketing is performing.
– But there’s a lot of research that says that’s a bad idea.
– Patients are usually wrong when they try to recall what ad or promo influenced them to pick up the phone.
– And trying to fine-tune your marketing based on false reports is a bad idea.
– The bottom line is that almost all dentists are wasting a large chunk of their marketing dollars.
– And that’s no way to run a business.
– You and your staff work too hard for the money you spend to attract more patients.
– Badly aimed marketing hurts your bottom line and hinders the growth of your practice.
– You don’t have to keep wasting marketing dollars.
– There’s a way to know precisely how every aspect of your marketing is performing.
– The best and most accurate way to track your return on investment is use phone tracking.
– Phone tracking has been around for a while now, but it’s still very underused by dental practices.
– And that’s a shame, because phone tracking makes your marketing much, much more profitable.
– Here’s how it works.
– Phone tracking assigns a unique phone number to every marketing vehicle.
– Calls to those numbers are automatically forwarded to your practice.
– The source of the calls – and with some packages, the calls themselves – are automatically recorded and stored in an accessible database.
– Dentists can review the database to see which parts of their marketing programs are generating the most new patient calls, and which are underperforming.
– That allows them to divert more marketing dollars to the channels that are working the best.
– Beyond that, phone tracking programs that record the calls themselves offer the opportunity to review your front desk’s phone technique.
– The best marketing in the world is wasted if a new patient caller isn’t appointed.
– But think about it for a moment.
– How many calls come into your office every week?
– Do you really have time to sit down and listen to every one?
– And do you have the training and the skills to correct problems with how your front desk deals with prospects?
– SmartBox dentists receive phone tracking and call quality analysis as part of our industry-leading Patient Attraction System™.
– Here’s what Dr. Matthew Burton of Clearwater, Florida, says about our phone tracking and call quality analysis services.
– “I think that the greatest service that SmartBox has added recently is having SmartBox’s team listen to and grade our phone calls.
– “That really eliminates a lot of time for me. I don’t have time to go back and listen to all the phone calls.
– “90 percent of them are ‘change my appointment’ or do something simple and just not a valuable use of time.
– “If I have your team kind of highlighting these calls, ‘Here’s the ones you’ve got to listen to …’ we can grow from that.
– “We can get better answering or fielding those calls, and it can do nothing but help drive new patients in the future.”
– SmartBox also offers proprietary, dental practice–specific phone technique training to help practices convert more prospects to new appointments.
– So, let me ask you: Are you tired of wasting a chunk of your marketing dollars?
– Are you ready to get all the new patients you can for your marketing investment?